Visiting School Groups
1. Schedule your trip well in advance.
- When scheduling your visit, have several alternate dates selected in case your intended date is already taken.
2. Have 1 chaperone for every 10 students.
- We ask that you bring 1 chaperone for every 10 students. They will be admitted free of charge.
- You may bring more chaperones, but they will be charged a fee.
- Assign groups of students to chaperones before your visit. Chaperones should keep their students with them at all times in the Center.
- Chaperones will actively lead groups around the facility and participate in lessons. Please have each chaperone read our Chaperone Letter for some tips to help them guide the students' learning in a positive way.
3. Make visible nametags.
- We have found that calling students by name makes teaching much more effective. Please make large nametags to be worn by students. Names should be on both sides if there is a possibility of them flipping around. Writing should also be large and legible. Have fun with the nametags! For example, have students create their own sea animal name tags.
4. Arrive at scheduled time.
- We ask that you allow time in your traveling schedule to arrive a few minutes before your scheduled program time, to take care of payment and paperwork. This will ensure that your students get sufficient time for exploration and programs.
- Before unloading the bus, please check in with the front desk.
- If you think there is a possibility of being late, please contact us at 907-224-6306 to let us know.
5. Have students ready to give attention to our Educators.
- Upon your arrival we will go over the rules of the Center and our expectations of your group. We will then give instructions for the overall itinerary of your group's visit.
We look forward to seeing you !